As a blogger, we all sometimes get this feeling where we have noooo idea what to blog about! There is zero motivation and you feel like there is nothing you can or want to write about. Trust me when I say that every blogger goes through a stage of serious writer’s block. You are not alone!
Rather than forcing it and just writing a babbling post about nonsense that your readers wont love, I’ve gone and made a list of blog post ideas you can implement in every niche.
And that is why I am writing this post – to inspire you when the motivation and inspiration is gone. You’ll soon find out that there is always something to blog about.
Here’s a list of 40+ brand-spanking new blog post ideas:
- A roundup post – do a roundup of your Instagram pics for the month, or of your top posts for the month, or even your favourite Pinterest boards.
- Create a mood Board – whilst you’re on Pinterest, make a collage of the things that inspire you! Now, write about why these things inspire you!
- Do a product review. You know that stunning lipstick you bought just for fun? Write about it! Take a few cute snaps and tell the people why you like it. Even if you don’t have a beauty blog, it won’t hurt to do a product review.
- Show your readers a peek into your life. Whether it is by doing a pictorial with pictures of the picnic you attended over the weekend, or a pictorial of all the yummy food you ate over the weekend, it doesn’t matter. Readers love getting a little peek into your personal life.
- Write down 10 random facts about yourself. This ties in with the above. Readers love seeing a little personality!
- Share your favourite recipe with your readers.
- Write down a wish list – share the places you want to travel to, food you want to eat, makeup or clothes you want to buy.
- Share some blogger love and do a roundup of your top 10 favourite bloggers.
- Write a post about the things that make you smile! Whether it a person, a book, a meal or a product, share it with the readers.
- Share a helpful tip with your readers. You know how to crochet? Some of your readers might be dying to know how to crochet that cute mouse you posted on Instagram last week!
- Whilst you are at it, share a roundup of your favourite Instagram accounts to follow.
- Do an interview with someone in your blogging niche or field. If you are also a nicheless blogger, do an interview with someone that inspires you.
- Share 10 things you have learnt from something… Something in the lines of: 10 things I have learnt from working from home or 10 things I have learnt since starting my blog.
- Share your blogging story with your readers.
- Show your readers what is in your bag.
- Show your readers what is in your makeup bag.
- Show-off your favourite space in your home.
- Make a list of your blogging goals. I often find myself reading and enjoying posts about other’s blogging goals.
- Share your top budget buys – whether it is beauty or fashion, share it with us.
- Review an event you recently attended.
- Share some advice with your readers. Like how to get stains out of your white dress.
- Create a fun Instagram challenge for the month/, and create a cute # so your readers can join you
- Share your blogging essentials.
- Tell your readers how you edit your pictures for your blog.
- Share an inspirational story with your readers.
- Write a letter to your younger self.
- Do a review of your favourite book.
- Share a free resource.
- Do a post about a day in your life.
- Update and share an old blog post.
- What is the best and worst advice you’ve ever received?
- Have you traveled recently? Share your holiday photos.
- Whilst you are at it, share your favourite places to visit.
- Do a Q&A with yourself. Ask on Twitter if your readers have any questions for you and share your answers in a blog post.
- Make a list of your favourite restaurants and chat about your favourite meal there.
- Share the positives and negatives about being a blogger.
- Do a giveaway.
- Share a “How to” post.
- Create a list of something – like a list of travelling essentials, or a list of your favourite songs.
- Share a personal story about yourself. Whether it is something embarrassing, or a hard lesson you have learnt, share it with us.
- Introduce yourself. if you haven’t updated your about page recently, it is probably time to change things up. Introduce yourself to your new readers again.
- Share a skill you have. If you are an expert at something, share that skill with your readers. You can even turn this skill into a series of post.
- Do a round-up of the resources you use to grow your blog. Plugins, programs, VA, etc, let your readers now what you use to run a successful blog.
- Tell us how and why you started your blog.
- Share your story of turning your blog into a business.
- Share your blogging process.
- Chat about exciting milestones you have achieved. If your blog goal was earning $1000 this month, and you reached it, share with your readers how you did it!
- Write a post about your products and services. Highlight some of your most popular services or products and tell your readers why they need your product/service in their life.
- Share a collection of fun date night ideas. I can get sucked into these blog posts so often (it might be the romantic in me). And I know others will love it too.
- Create a survey to find out what your audience want, need, what they are into… And use these results to curate content for your readers.
- Put together a gift guide. Is your birthday coming up? Christmas is around the corner? Create a beautiful gift guide. It is especially popular when Christmas comes around, so use a gift guide to grow your viewers and subscribers. Include your own products or services.
- Share a blog you find inspirational.
- Working on an exciting product? Share snippets on your blog. This can be done in the form of a series of blog post introducing your product or service, or it can be in the form of a behind the scenes post.
- Share your best tips. Whether it is for list building, creating the perfect smokey eye, buying shoes that fit, or whatever tips you have – share it.
- Share your blog or business hacks.
- Share your trends for the next year. Consider the things you think will be trending next year and write a post about it.
[Tweet “I’ll never have to worry about writer’s block again with these awesome blog post ideas. “]
What other blog post ideas do you have? Share it with us in the comments below.
Struggling to drive traffic to your blog? The Blog Marketing Guide is the answer to all of your questions. This ebook is filled with actionable tips and advice to skyrocket your blog traffic and your followers. I also share my fool-proof strategy for turning readers into followers, and followers into customers/clients. Interested? Click here to find out more.